More than any other experience, a tour to Israel puts the real in “reality.” How? The experience changes the way you read your Bible. I’ve personally seen in the lives of hundreds of Christians. It absolutely can happen for you as well. Watch this video and see what I mean.
Here are 3 iron-clad benefits you will receive when you journey to Israel.
1. It Strengthens Your Understanding
A journey to the Holy Land provides you a deeper, clearer, and more vibrant understanding of the Bible. Context means more than mere words on the page. It also includes the setting of the action—including its history and geography—the stage upon which the events took place. That’s why a tour to Israel is so valuable.
You’ll get a better grab on the context. And that truth—God’s Word—will change your life.
Going to Israel will permanently mark your life and change the way you understand the Bible. How?
- Places and names you used to pass over will instead bring to mind a site’s history, its military benefits, and its scenery.
- Having knowledge of a passage’s geography gives you a head start as you attempt to understand why events took place—sometimes repeatedly— in certain locations.
- Walking the land of Israel provides you with a deeper appreciation of God as the Lord of world history and also seemingly minor details—both of which can bring extreme comfort to your life.
- You will have affirmed that your relationship with Christ involves your whole person and that God desires to employ all the senses He created in you to enhance your relationship with Him.
These very subjective elements can be used in studying the objective truth of God’s Word. Jesus said it this way:
If I speak of earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? —John 3:12
The truth we see in earthly, physical things gives credence to those heavenly untouchables God tells us about.
2. It Renews Your Love for God’s Word
The Bible bursts with geographical references, and you will discover that when you study the Bible, having seen where its events actually occurred, the Holy Spirit uses more than words to teach you. More than knowledge, the relationship involves your emotions and imagination.
Coming to the Holy Land will give your faith a newness and a youthfulness—a first love, of sorts—because you better understand what God is saying in His Word. The context becomes more clear.
3. It Will Strengthen Your Spiritual Life
What is it that causes millions of people to come to Israel each year? In a survey I did of hundreds of travelers:
- 98% of people reported that traveling to Israel provided them far more than what books ever could.
- An astounding 99% percent of those who have traveled to Israel agreed that experiencing the Holy Land had strengthened their spiritual life.
God used these biblical places to mold the lives of His people in the biblical narrative. He still does.