As worriers, we often place more value on possibilities than certainties. We’ll invest plenty of money to insure ourselves against theft, flood, fire, sickness, or accident—all only possibilities. But we give little thought to the most certain event in our lives.
Death. Even life insurance doesn’t cover that.
I believe in insurance. I pay for it, consider it prudent, and enjoy its benefits. In a way, my blog distributes spiritual insurance in bulk.
- I explain people’s options and risks regarding the events following death.
- I do my best to warn them of buying into cheap insurance that looks good up front but raises its premiums exorbitantly and reneges on paying the final benefits of their claim.
Such shams offer heaven for the price of good deeds.
Only God offers the best insurance for the most certain event in your life.
The Worst Insurance for the Most Certain Event in Your Life
Cheap premiums always appeal to human nature. Even for the spiritual life.
- This cheap eternal life insurance says just go to church, give your money, get baptized, take communion, confess your sins, live a good life, and you’ll impress God enough to let you into heaven.
- This kind of coverage gives the false illusion that low premiums can earn heavenly benefits, that good deeds mute bad deeds, and that God’s holiness takes little real offense at sin.
You know why this is a sham? If your premium’s payment is a life of good deeds, how do you know how many good deeds (versus bad deeds) tip the balance in your favor? You never know for sure, so you feel you must do more. In reality, the deceptive “provider” continually raises your rates and pays no real benefits on your claim.
You have no security, no confidence, no peace of mind—everything the best insurance ought to give you. You only have a constant, nagging feeling you should be doing more.
The Best Insurance for the Most Certain Event in Your Life
God offers the best insurance and at a better rate. Jesus said it this way:
It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. —Revelation 21:6
Jesus Christ paid the premium for the benefit of heaven when He died on the cross for your sins and rose again.
- Forgiveness and eternal life God offers “without cost” to you, but it cost Christ His life.
- You must receive this gift by faith.
- Then you obtain an eternal security like no other policy provides. It’s the best insurance.
It is certain. One day we will die and stand before God for judgment (Hebrews 9:27).
So along with the coverage for theft, flood, fire, illness, or accident, make sure you also have eternal life insurance though faith in Jesus Christ.
If we secure the best insurance only for possibilities, how much more should we insure the certainties?
Tell me what you think: What are you counting on to get you to heaven? To leave a comment, just click here.